DUAL DIAGNOSIS/CO-OCCURRING DISORDERS:
Outpatient Drug-Free Services Program
The Dual Diagnosis/Co-Occurring Disorders Outpatient Treatment Program operates in conjunction with all of our other programs, and provides specialized counseling services tailored to the needs of people diagnosed with both mental health and substance use disorders. Our Outpatient Program provides:
- Practical guidelines for coping with both diagnoses.
- Community referral services and assistance with community re-integration
- Managing cravings and triggers
- Relapse prevention skills and plans to avoid relapse
- 12-Steps Recovery Support options, as well as other social support networks
- Understanding and integrating individual recovery into all aspects of daily life.
- Coping with the symptoms unique to people diagnosed with co-occurring disorders.
- Trauma-informed treatment available for those experiencing symptoms associated with PTSD and other common co-occuring diagnoses.
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) skills
For a list of our current group offerings please follow the link to the right of this page.
The program also focuses on facilitating the support and friendship that comes from belonging to a fellowship of sober individuals who suffer from the same "double duty".
Dual Diagnosis/Co-Occurring Disorder services are provided in a safe alcohol/drug free environment as an integrated, unified and coordinated part of a comprehensive, individualized treatment plan. The multidisciplinary treatment team addresses the individual's complete clinical condition (including medication management, independent living skills, and development of vocational goals).
Essential program elements include:
- A thorough intake and assessment protocol
- An individualized treatment plan that includes goals related to drugs, alcohol, mental health and relapse prevention related to both diagnoses
- Active and regular participation in the Dual Diagnosis/Co-Occurring Disorders Program
- Art therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), psychoeducational treatment models are incorporated
- A thorough after care plan and community referrals for Program graduates
The Dual Diagnosis/Co-Occurring Disorders program consists of:
- Group sessions are the core of our Program, available seven days per week
- In-house 12-step meetings are available
- One-on-one counseling, with an experienced counselor assigned to each client
- Family counseling is made available
- Community-based 12-step meetings
- Creation of a specific relapse prevention plan
- Assignment of a buddy/sponsor/intern for each client
- Random drug/alcohol screening
- Vocational Services