MENTAL HEALTH RESOURCES
PLEASE NOTE - These sites have been selected with regard to quality of material and accessibility at the time of inclusion. However, WWW sites are by their nature constantly changing and evolving. It is not feasible to provide ongoing quality assurance for all the sites listed.
Inclusion in this list does not constitute endorsement by Sanctuary Psychiatric Centers of Santa Barbara, Inc., or any of its subsidiaries or agents.
If you know of a site that you would like added to this list, send us the URL and pertinent information. If the site meets our standards we will add it to this resource list.
Large General Interest Sites
Other Support Sites
Find the Light - a peer support group for all those suffering from mood disorders, mental illness, and psychological trauma.
- Recovery Canada - a support site for individuals in life-challenging situations. Special sections for survivors of sexual abuse and survivors of cancer.
- Compassionate Friends - An organization dedicated to helping parents and families living with the loss of a child.
Styles of Psychotherapy
- Personality and Consciousness - a beautiful site exploring various theorists and their approaches. http://pandc.ca/
- Psychoanalysis - based on the work of Sigmund Freud.
- Psychosynthesis - a humanistic and spiritual approach based on the work of Roberto Assagioli.
- Humanistic psychotherapy, based on the work of Carl Rogers.
- EMDR - a specific technique and approach to treating severe trauma such as Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.
- Multiple Personality Disorder an in-depth look at the etiology and treatment of this dissociative disorder, from the perspective of an experienced psychiatrist, written in conjunction with a client who has recovered from MPD. A remarkable resource.
- Borderline Personality Disorder. Well done site with explanations and resources.
- ADHD. An excellent site accenting the positive side of ADHD.
- ADHD. Another great site for information and articles about ADHD.
- Eating Disorder Referral and Information Center provides indepth information on all forms of eating disorders. This site provides referrals and assistance to anyone looking for treatment in their area.
This listing is provided as a public service only. The facilities listed have not been inspected or reviewed by Sanctuary Psychiatric Centers. Inclusion in this list does not constitute endorsement by Sanctuary Psychiatric Centers of Santa Barbara, Inc., or any of its subsidiaries or agents.
You are encouraged to request additional information and references before considering a treatment facility.
- The River Community: River Community is a unique treatment program providing recovery services to people with concurrent mental health and chemical dependency problems
- Bonita House: Bonita House, Inc., is a private non-profit mental health agency offering a range of services for adults diagnosed with co-occurring serious psychiatric disabilities and substance use disorders
- Bodin: Bodin is an educational consulting and psychological testing group that serves clients locally, nationally and internationally since 1979.
- La Selva: La Selva is a proven and innovative adult, psychiatric, residential and outpatient treatment program. Located near Stanford University in the heart of Palo Alto, California, the program offers care in attractive community-based settings. La Selva is one of a continuum of community-based services for mental health clients and their families offered by Momentum for Mental Health, a private non-profit organization based in Silicon Valley.
- Spruce Mountain Inn: Spruce Mountain offers a community based continuum of treatment. As clients make progress, they take on greater levels of independence including apartment living and the intensity of services is reduced. Through a comprehensive treatment approach they offer a balance of therapeutic/psychiatric intervention, vocational development, substance abuse treatment and skills training in the context of a supportive community.
- Menninger Clinic: Menninger provides psychiatric and behavioral healthcare for adults and adolescents. Their mental health professionals specialize in severe and dual psychiatric disorders.